Sunday, July 31, 2011

A castle in Germany.

When you come home from the day and you don't begin to do the daily routine things you've just gotten used to, sometimes I think its easy to get lonely. I miss France and I miss home. I miss daddy too. I've seen some of Germany thus far and eating some good heavy food.

I am so glad to be staying at Phillips and very thankful that it all worked out. It really takes a lot of effort, time, and money to host someone in your home. After he and his girl Stephanie picked me up at the station we ate dinner and came home to watch a movie. Today we went hiking ate lunch and then Phillip and I went to the chocolate factory. It was actually really interesting.

The German language is definitely not the prettiest language spoken but its so interesting. Some of the words are similar to others of course and the pronunciation doesn't seem to hard, but I am fascinated with the length of their words, it seems like sometimes there missing spaces.
Man I should have tried to be a Linguist.

Oh and I didn't mention that Phillip who has 15 brothers and sisters lives in a castle. I mean it would make sense with a family his size but goodness this place is four stories with bedrooms everywhere including numbers on the doors similar to a hotel, an indoor pool, outside garden, and a bathroom attached to each room. The paintings, carpet, and furniture remind me of extreme royalty, but goodness this place is strangely not what I was expecting. 

Germany is very different from France but the people are similar in the sense that no one really talks or smiles at strangers. Oh and they don't wear shorts here. Fries and salad come with everything, and its still super expensive. The Germans aren't really proper like the French and they don't have a ton of rules or manners for the table or the way one may eat, but I do miss the fact of being with the St. Germain family and passing around the food to all the ladies first before the men dish there plates (of course with Ludo being last to take any)


Tomorrow I believe its the Netherlands.
AND I MISS SPEAKING FRENCH


Oh and Aimee I got your email. Congratulations on the new job (you deserve it and I am glad your so happy with things), I think I will write back tomorrow.... Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment