Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day Four, Paris/Grenoble

This afternoon we all took the train from Paris to Grenoble. It was a long day and I slept most of the way here. After arriving we all lined up and met our host families. I was so nervous at first but then all the craziness just seemed to fly away and I found myself sitting with Ludovic in the car waiting for Anne. My host parents are very sweet and although they dont speak English I am happy to be here and learn French.

Its crazy to not understand what they say, and even more crazy when making plans for the next day but somehow Anne has a way of clear body language that makes things more understandable! The house is big. It's white with Blue shutters, and my room is downstairs. There's a tennis club close by and the view of the city from their home is amazing. Things are very green in Grenoble and mountains surround the town in all directions. Paris just wasn't everything it was talked up to be, Grenoble on the other hand might be more than I hoped for! Class tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. When I studied abroad in Grenoble with API, Anne and Ludo were my host parents! I stayed in this exact room :) Grenoble is great - feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

    Bon chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley what is your email? Where do you live? And how the heck did you find this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha hi- sorry I haven't stayed in touch- you added Joseph as a friend on Facebook and I clicked on your name and your website was public. e-mail me! thehatt@gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete