Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day One Paris

Paris reminds me of New York. There’s a diverse group of people flooding the streets, graffiti lining the walls, girls in shoes more expensive than my rent. But its still different. I am excited to be here, somewhat even dumbfounded. It hasn’t hit me that I am in Europe- yes I feel strange trying to speak something other than English but it’s not a culture shock nor does being here make me feel really anxious like I first thought.

The girls are great, all sixteen of us. I speak the worst French of everyone and I think the girls are more judging and less patient than the French are about my language skills but they all seem to be genuine. Most are fulfilling minor and major requirements and a few are just here for the adventure…

I think I am in that category, adventure that is. Yes I paid for the school and courses but the best feeling about the whole trip is that I cant loose. Coming to France is not only an adventure, but the beginning of something good. Its completely a learning experience and thankfully I can earnestly say my French can‘t get any worse.

Today we walked around, stopped at some sidewalk shops, went on a boat tour, and ate a dinner lasting three hours. Dinner was good but of course different. I ate cheese well I thought it was going to be cheese but it was Fromage of the Head, which is basically meat combined of pieces from the animals head. It was gross. But finished with good pulet and ice glasse. It was a long day with a long drive from the airport. Tomorrows Versaille, a museum and then time to ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment