Its been a long day and I think I am getting more fatigued because of the hot hot weather- however I don't mind the tanner skin. Ive been going to school everyday starting class early around 8 and then with dinner ending around ten its hard to get a lot of sleep. I bought a nice purse to lug around all my school stuff yesterday and today I went shopping for groceries with Joseph. It took so long, like two hours but it was fun to practice phrases. Unfortunately I think he is getting better at English and I am not really improving in French. This afternoon was fun- I went swimming with the API girls at Caroline's, and then helped prepare dinner and made my host mom some sort of olive bread that she needed for tomorrow.
Dictionary in one hand, ingredients in the other!
I still don't feel like my comprehension is improving, but you never know. The language barrier gets a little frustrating and at times embarassing especially at the dinner table but here and there I am beginning to pick stuff up. I am curious to see when I return to school if I will want to take French classes again. I know for-sure though that what I learned in the states french wise (speaking the language) didn't prepare me like it should have. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment