Saturday, July 16, 2011

The last few days




Bastille Day: Went with my host family to Chambery
  • Beautiful place once again
  • Their grandchildren misbehave often, don't listen, and are extremely noisy
  • The lake was really gorgeous
  • Walked through the church and listen to history about famous dead people
  • Fireworks artificial of course, chased french girls, tram C terminated, super fatigue
Day after: School and then hiking with the family up to the waterfall. It was really nice to get out and take a hike. The waterfall was gorgeous and of course the grand boys went with and although they were annoying I enjoyed carrying one up through the water. After a big dinner with Charles and Joseph and their cousin we played cards. It was one of the best things I have done with my family since I have been here. I won of course.

Today: Left for Lyon with Anna Benoit and Patty. Super fun day. Long train ride, picnic in the park including: pickles, jambon, fromage, beure, chocolate cookies, melon, d'eau, and bagettes. Then the zoo and the jardin. We took a nap, shopped, sight saw, and took the tram. Dinner was great and the service was fantastic, not to mention beau grosse men. After Lyon I met Allison at the French boy Alexis' house for a party. It was strange to be in a house with tons of Italians and French but after the akward part went away things were good.





Long day. But I got my ticket to Germany as well. Halleluiah

No comments:

Post a Comment