Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Danc, santé pour un nouvelle commence


The last few days consisted of a thin pizza, a visit to the hospital, being “chased” by bulls, and a long uncomfortable plane ride home. Once Branden and Jessie discovered other towns around Aviano, I think they both became more excited and enthused with their living situation. I am jealous and excited for them.

The last night I was there we took the little car high in the mountains to discover a little town at the base of a ski resort. Here, surrounded by beautiful scenery and tall mountains we ate a picnic and walked through the cow pastures. It reminded me of Grenoble and a like Bend Oregon. I definitely would have wanted to live up there, and I am sure the two of them will find time to stay and ski for a weekend or two.

A few nights before while watching the Kings Speech, Branden had trouble breathing- it got so bad we rushed him to the base to take an ambulance to a local hospital. In the end it was just muscle issue but it was definitely a little scary. Unfortunately I’ve felt those chest pains before and was glad to hear that it had nothing to do with his heart. They took care of him, but there’s nothing like having a translator describe what the problem was to the doctor.

I am still dragging along on the plane- restless and bored, wishing to be on the ground. I definitely think my sleep schedule isn’t going to be easily adjusted. Entering the US wasn’t too much of a shock as I was expecting, lots of English of course, and surprisingly I realized how happy Americans usually all. I am not saying that we don’t have our fair share of serious, grumpy, don’t talk to me people, but it was good to see some smiles.

I’m ready to start my diet and change of lifestyle, no carbs, no juice, and plenty of exercise and bible reading. I’m ready to start exploring or planning to explore the states, and to turn my life around for the better; less complaining and planning my future every step of the way. I’m ready for God guide me and to start making relationships with friends and family more a priority.


No comments:

Post a Comment