I remember the morning I left France, Allison and I were at the breakfast table, of course eating Nutella and bread. Joseph comes in (surprising looking okay in regards to our night out the day before and offers Allison something to eat or drink-I cant remember-anyways as he reaches for his usual coca cola morning drink he spills the entire 2 liters all over the table, chairs, floor and wall behind him. I can still picture the bottle flying through the air. One thing I am glad about is not having to see his mothers reaction when they finally found out what happened. I miss laughing with that kid.
Germany was fun, I really had a good time the last days I was there hanging out with a few of Phillips sisters and getting to speak with his family. German dinner usually consisted of something small like bread, lunch meet, and cheese.

Amsterdam was crazy as I imagined. Lots of people, lots of drugs and smoke shops. I got to walk through the market and eat great free cheese from some small shop. I saw beautiful flowers and took a picture in front of Anne Franks old hiding place. Phillip Stephy and I walked through the Red Light District which was humming with business even at 2 in the afternoon. It was quite the site and rather disturbing at times. After Amsterdam we traveled a little outside the city and walked around looking at old homes and old windmills.
I really enjoyed my time with Beverly and one of the last nights I was there her and her sister Tessi really did me up. My face was covered with
makeup and they curled my hair before we all went out. I have to admit it was extremely fun even though I wasn’t sure I liked the way I looked.

I left Germany having experienced the autobahn, driving, eating cakes from other planets, rock climbing, realizing no one wears shorts, getting sick, watching Avatar/Good Will Hunting/Saw Shank Redemption, eating a Duran, and having Natalie do my nails.
After landing in Venice and flying with two empty seats beside me, it was so good to see Branden and Jessie. It was so nice to be greeted by family and not another empty country-although Germany felt pretty normal because everyone spoke English. After they picked me up we ate great Pizza and Calzones and headed back to their hotel. The two of them are somewhat in my shoes now, not knowing any Italian.

Today we saw the air force base and later went hiking. I think our hike could have been called incline walking because it was steep the entire way up. I ran into a snake and thought a lot about how much I miss France and speaking another language. You know the military wouldn’t have been a bad idea, all the benefits, discounts, and traveling. I think I would have liked it and I really enjoying speaking languages other than English.
Weirdest thing thus far about Italy is that the toilets in the shower oh and you really can drive in other countries with a state license. I drove here in Italy too last night.
LEXIS! You look gorgeous my love! I am so happy that you are having fun! I will email you soon! Red light district!? Was it crazy weird??
ReplyDelete